Join the NHS COVID-19 vaccine research registry
People from all minority ethnic groups (apart from Chinese and mixed-race groups) are at greater risk of becoming very sick with COVID-19 than the white population in the UK.
Volunteers from all minority ethnic groups are now required for vaccine studies.
There are different types of vaccines, and we don’t know which will best protect people from COVID-19. Different vaccines might be needed for different groups
of people. That’s why in the UK we’re planning to run a few different vaccine studies.
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) has worked in partnership with NHS Digital, and the Northern Ireland, Scottish and Welsh Governments to launch a new service where you can register your interest in taking part in vital studies.
This service aims to make it quicker and easier for researchers to contact the volunteers they need to make a difference.
ABOUT THE NHS COVID-19 VACCINE RESEARCH REGISTRY
You can register to give permission for researchers to contact you about taking part in COVID-19 vaccine research.
You must be 18 or over and live in the UK. You are not signing up to take part in a specific study at this stage. You are simply letting researchers know that you’re happy for them to contact you if you are eligible.
You will have the opportunity to ask the researchers as many questions as you like before deciding whether or not to join a study.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Provide a few details to register your interest in taking part in COVID-19 vaccine studies.
• If you match the criteria for a study, a researcher will contact you by email or text.
• Reply and ask to know more if you are interested in taking part.
• The researcher will collect some more information to check you are suitable for the study.
• If you are eligible, you then decide whether or not you want to take part.
• There is no obligation to take part in any study and you can change your mind at any time.
• All your information will be kept completely confidential within the NHS system.
Sign up today: nhs.uk/researchcontact
ANY QUESTIONS? Please email: email@example.com
Find out more about taking part in research at www.bepartofresearch.nihr.ac.uk